Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2001
- Total Mediations (as of Jul 2021): 2000
For nearly 20 years, Nancy Maisano, J.D. has served as a professional mediator, mediating more than 2,000 cases in the Pacific Northwest. Since 2001, Nancy has focused on labor and employment disputes. With nearly 30 years experience in labor and employment law, both as an advocate and mediator, Nancy understands the expense and risks incurred by both parties when faced with litigation and is known for her successful resolutions. Nancy is widely recognized for her unique combination of experience, integrity, and consistent ability to resolve highly difficult and contentious disputes.
Prior to working as a mediator, Nancy litigated employment discrimination and labor disputes, serving as both plaintiff and defense counsel.
Nancy's practice includes a broad range of disputes including single-plaintiff cases, complex multi-party litigation, class action cases and pre-complaint workplace conflicts. Employer participants in Nancy's mediations represent a wide range of business entities from Fortune 500 international companies to small, family-owned businesses to community-based non-profits and government entities.
In her extensive practice, Nancy has mediated both state and federal discrimination claims involving gender, sexual harassment, race, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, national origin and Equal Pay Act claims, wage and hour violations, breach of contract, FMLA, workers' compensation, USERRA, defamation, First Amendment, non-compete agreements and whistle-blower claims.
In addition to her expertise in the field of labor and employment mediation and litigation, Nancy mediates personal injury litigation, commercial disputes, business and partnership dissolution, trusts and estates, and shareholder disputes. She also serves as a mediator with the American College of Civil Trial Mediators and the Rule 39.1 panel for the U.S. District Court for the Western district of Washington.
- ADA Disability
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Public Policy
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1990
- Louisiana State University, B.A., cum laude, 1987
Memberships & Affiliations
- ADR Roundtable
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Rule 39.1 Certified Mediator -- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Washington Mediation Association -- Certified mediator
- American Bar Association -- Labor & Employment Law and ADR Sections
- King County Bar Association -- Labor & Employment Section Trustee, ADR Section member; Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference planning committee member
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Washington State Bar Association -- Labor & Employment Law and Dispute Resolution Sections
$600 per hour